The following articles should help guide you through using VMinformer. If you still need help after that then please complete the form under the support request tab below or email [email protected]
- Install Guide - Takes you through the installation process
- Quick Start Guide – Quick_Start_Guide.pdf
- Troubleshooting Guide – Troubleshooting-v2.pdf
- How to scan your virtual infrastructure - Guides you through the scan assessment process
- How to activate VMinformer - Shows you how to activate and obtain a license
- Policy Templates – How to create a policy template
- Security Best Practice Guide – VMinformer Security Hardening and Remediation Guidelines
After scheduling a scan my results are empty?
This can happen for a number of reasons but the most likely one is that the ESX/ESXi hosts you are scanning cannot be resolved by DNS from the machine where you are running VMinformer. As a workaround create an entry in your localhosts file for each host and try the scan again. When you run the policy assessment wizard and get to the ESX Host selection page if the hosts cannot be displayed you will get an error telling you this, don’t ignore it otherwise you will have an empty results file!
How many Hosts and Virtual Machines can I scan?
There is no limit on the number of ESX, ESXi Hosts or virtual machines that you can scan. However the more you scan the longer the scan time.